Brown & Associates, Inc. assists urban and rural communities, cities, non-profits and faith-based organizations with projects under the Community Development Block Program (CDBG).
* Acquisition of land and construction of new facilities, or renovation and expansion of existing buildings
* Provision of after-school programs and daycare as well as creation of senior services, transportation and health services
* Intervention programs for domestic violence and family crisis centers
* Institution of community education programs including literacy, employment skills training, and small business assistance
Brown & Associates, Inc. plans and manages programs that are sponsored by the Home Investment Partnerships Act (HOME) to increase access to affordable housing.
* First-Time Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance Program through the American Dream Down payment Initiative (ADDI)
* Development of New Affordable Housing Communities
Brown & Associates, Inc. helps neighborhoods increase their property values and revitalize their communities through the refurbishment and reconstruction of existing substandard housing conditions through the HOME Housing Rehabilitation Program.
* Emergency repair loans
* Emergency repair grants
* Deferred payment loan programs
* Special Needs programs to ensure ADA compliance
Brown & Associates, Inc. writes grant proposals and helps communities manage Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) Programs for HUD entitlement communities to address the emergency and transitional needs of the homeless.
* Shelter renovation
* Dormitory-style, short-term shelters
* Scattered-style transitional housing units
* Hotel / Motel-style short-term overnight accommodations
ESG Programs also include other services, such as case management, counseling and prevention, employment placement assistance, life skills, health care, child care and transportation assistance.