Brown & Associates, Inc. provides consulting services to nonprofits, philanthropic institutions, government sector entities and other organizations in the broader social change sector. Services include:
Project Management & Strategy Advisement
- Idea cultivation and the creation of tangible ingredients needed to turn your idea into reality.
- Superb relationship development and connector capacity across the social sector.
- Effective use of resources through budget management and contractor supervision.
- Clear and consistent communications between partners, consultants, and/or clients.
- Strategy advisement and support for development, board engagement, talent recruitment, vision-setting, and more.
Convening Design and Facilitation
- Program design for conferences, workshops, meetings, and virtual events.
- Facilitation to ensure participant engagement, conversation focus, time efficiency, and tracking decisions and next steps.
- Focus groups for institutional learning about specific population sets or issues.
- Participatory research projects that engage community in shared learning processes.
Research & Analysis
- Case studies and evaluations that examine progress and effectiveness
- Asset mapping of public resources, philanthropic entities, experts, and stakeholders related to a specific issue.
- Landscape analyses produced through the use of available data, qualitative research, and literature reviews.
- Projects that produce and leverage work within the academic sector.
- Participatory research that engages community members or institutions in shared learning processes.
Community/Leadership Training and Coaching
- Community Organizing â€“ organizing people, resources and ideas to acquire or increase power.
- Program Development â€“ helping organizations adjust their goals and tactics so they are aligned with their organizationâ€™s mission.
- Communications/Media Training â€“ increasing an organizationâ€™s ability to engage with the media and how to tell their own story.
- Resource Development and Coaching – identifying philanthropic organizations, community and business partners that can increase resources.
Community/Executive Leadership Advisement
- Strategic Planning â€“ a comprehensive focus on aligning an organizationâ€™s vision, goals and objectives with its mission.
- Decision Making Advisement – using community-based and economic-based data (and other analytical tools) to improve real-time decision-making.
- Team Building/Retreat Facilitation â€“ expert led process that involves engaging the organizationâ€™s leadership in crafting an experience that uses best practices.
- Meeting Facilitation â€“ expert led process that helps the organization (its personnel and partners) build consensus and effective plans of action.
Executive Support Consulting
- Board Development â€“ identifying critical leadership for the governance of non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Document Editing â€“ providing professional business writing and editing support to small businesses and individuals. Services also include support in proofing articles and editing self-published books.
- Speech Writing and Review â€“ providing speech writing services (creating new content) and speech review services (editing existing content).
- Decision Making Advisement â€“ using community-based and economic-based data (and other analytical tools) to improve real-time decision making skills.
- Resource Development and Coaching â€“ identifying philanthropic organizations, community and business partners to increase organizational resources.
- Crisis Management / Resolution â€“ using best practices to avert and/or resolve organization problems.
- Transition Management â€“ learning how to stabilize leadership when organizations are growing or contracting (succession planning, exit planning, new market launches).
Strategy Philanthropic Consulting
- Community Investment Advisement â€“ where philanthropic organizations can identify where their dollars can have the most value and impact.
- Environmental Assessment â€“ where organizations can understand the political, economic and social landscape.
- Trends Forecasting â€“ where organizations can understand which direction social and economic investments are pointing and how to align their missions accordingly.